2019-2020 ALLSTAR CHEERLEADERS
Allstar cheerleading is a competitive sport that combines the tumbling (floor elements) of gymnastics, the hip hop and jazz of dance, the stunting (lifting of other athletes) of traditional cheerleading, wrapped into an action packed routine.
Athletes are placed on teams based on their age and skill level. Allstar teams compete against similar skill level teams.
Teams are placed into divisions:
Novice: Beginner and new cheerleaders
- Little Time Commitment (2hrs a week)
- Lowest Cost
-Full and Half Season Options
- Not ranked/placed at competitions against other teams
- Exhibition at one day competitions
- 2-4 Competitions, little travel
Prep: Intermediate cheerleaders
- Mid Range Time Commitment: (4-5hrs a week)
- Lower Cost
- Half and Full Seasons
- Compete against other Prep Level Teams
- Compete at one day competitions
- Full Uniform
- 3-5 Competitions, state and midwest travel (potential of one traveling event)
Elite: Advanced cheerleaders
- 6-7 hrs a week training
(5hr with team, 1-2hr tumbling)
- Full Season (June- April/May)
- Compete against other Elite Level Teams
- Compete at one and two day competitions
- Full Uniform
- 4-7 Competitions: state, midwest and national travel
After divisions are decided, teams are place into levels, to compete against other equally skilled athletes based on their tumbling and stunting skills.
Tumbling: forward rolls, cartwheels, handstands, front walkovers, back walkovers
Stunting: shoulder or lower level
Tumbling: back walkovers, front walkovers, back handsprings, front handsprings, roundoff-back handsprings
Stunting: shoulder level in single leg stunts and extended level in two legged stunts
Tumbling: connected back handsprings, front punch/tuck (front flip), round off- back tuck (back flip), round off- back handspring- back tuck
Stunting: extended level in single leg stunts, release and twisting skills
Tumbling: standing back tuck, round off- back handspring - layout
Stunting: Release moves in single legged extended stunts.
Tumbling: round off- back handspring - full twisting layout.